Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Cream of Celery & Chicken Soup Recipe
Well I believe January has been declared SOUP Month. And there is nothing I love more than a hot bowl of soup on a cold day in the middle of winter. Since my food allergies and intolerances seem to be a moving target, and buying ready-made anything is almost impossible because there are too many ingredients I’m trying to avoid, creating new recipes for things that I CAN eat seems to be my best option for a good meal. Aside from safe, I’m pretty sure a good healthy, home-cooked meal is more nutrient dense and preservative-free. So, I suppose in some ways I’m grateful for being forced into the kitchen to become “Suzie-homemaker.” Since I posted a photo of my tasty dairy-free, gluten-free cream of celery soup recipe on Facebook, I’ve had a few requests for the recipe, so here it is. Whip up a batch and let me know how much you love it!
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Cream of Celery and Chicken Soup Recipe
Created by home-chef Aliesa George
- One 32 oz package of Chicken Broth (I use my own home-made stock, or “Imagine” brand Organic Free Range Chicken Broth)
- 1 Bunch Organic Celery Hearts / or 6-8 full Celery stalks w/leaves. Washed and diced.
- ½ Sweet Onion. Chopped.
- Himalayan Pink Salt to taste.
- White Pepper to taste.
- ½ tsp. Toasted Garlic Flakes
- One 10 oz. Can of Chicken Breast (my brand of choice “Valley Fresh” 100% Natural Chicken Breast in Water)
- 5 Stalks of Celery – Diced
- 16 oz. of additional Chicken Stock
- Bring the first 6 ingredients to a boil for @ 5 minutes.
- ADD 2 T. of dry Cream of Buckwheat cereal. (this is wheat & gluten free, fat-free, sodium free!) The brand I’ve found is “Pocono.”
- Then lower temp to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour hot soup into Vita-Mix blender and blend on Variable 7-8 to “cream” soup.
- Put creamed soup back in stockpot, on medium heat and add the can of chicken breast, 5 celery stalks and chicken stock.
- Cook on medium heat until celery is tender. (5-15 min.)
I often ignore my soup as it is simmering so times are suggested and your soup may need a few more or a few less minutes. Remove from heat and eat! Or use as a base for other casseroles and recipes.
I pour mine HOT into Large Half-Gallon wide-mouth Mason Jars, and pop into the fridge.
How many does this serve? Depends on how BIG your bowls are! I probably get 6-8 meal-sized servings from one ½ gallon jar of soup. So that’s approximately 2 cups +/- of soup per bowl.
If you can eat rice. This soup rocks with the addition of cooked rice when you’re re-heating to serve!
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Yamuna Foot Savers with DVD 59.95 2 Foot Savers with Workout DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George