Pilates Teacher Training Free PDF
What to Look For When Shopping for a Pilates
So You’re Interested in becoming a Pilates Professional… Here’s what you need to know!
Pilates is a very rewarding career choice. Well-qualified professionals are in high demand. Joseph Pilates stated that he was 50 years ahead of his time; well the world is catching up! “Pilates” is recognized as a form of exercise by the general public, but not everyone has found a studio for private training, participated in a Mat class yet, or understands the benefits Pilates has to offer for long-term improvements in whole-body health.
Our goal at Centerworks® Pilates Institute is to help develop well-qualified professionals so that more people will have the opportunity to gain from the life-changing mental, physical, and spiritual benefits that the Pilates system has to offer. Developing comprehensively-trained teachers that are committed to sharing this great work with others will keep the Pilates Method at the top of the list of great things to do for the improvement of personal health and wellness.
10 Great Reasons to Consider Becoming a Pilates Teacher
- Rewarding & Fun Service Career
- High Demand for Qualified Teachers in a Growing Industry
- Challenge Your Limits for Personal Growth & Development
- It’s Never Boring! The more you know, the more you realize there is to know.
- Build Long-Term Relationships with Lots of Wonderful People
- Appreciation for the Human Body & How it Works
- Develop Superior Communication Skills
- Give the Gift of Good Health to Others
- Improve Your Mental, Physical and Spiritual Self
- Enjoy Good Health! Pay It Forward & Pass It On!
Reasons to choose Centerworks® Pilates Teacher-Education Program
- Dedicated to the development of qualified professionals, and safe/effective Pilates programs.
- Small group sizes for individual, “hands-on” attention in learning the Pilates repertoire.
- Easy to learn, systematic approach to the development Pilates programs for whole-body health.
- Understand how to develop programs specific to a client’s goals & needs.
- Effective tools to help you think on your feet and make superior choices in exercise selection.
- Excellent supplemental training materials – so you don’t forget the wealth of information you’ve learned.
- Well-established programs, services, references, resources, and continuing education opportunities.
And there’s more….
- Centerworks® Pilates programs build confidence in knowledge and teaching skills.
- Learn & develop effective teaching techniques, seeing, spotting, and cueing skills.
- How to improve posture, hip & shoulder mechanics, gait, proper muscle firing patterns, core concepts, fundamental principles, preparatory exercises for improved body alignment, ways to modify exercises, and appropriately challenge more advanced students.
- Physician lecture/workshop for a better understanding of medical issues related to health & exercise.
- Physical Therapy/rehabilitation lecture/workshop to include topics for injuries, accident, and post-rehab Pilates.
- And so much more…
**Completion of all Program Requirements will prepare you to successfully pass the PMA Certification Exam.
This accomplishment demonstrates your dedication and commitment to maintaining the professional standards of this industry and will provide your clients with confidence that they have found a qualified and educated Pilates professional.
The Pilates Method Alliance recommends that anyone teaching the Pilates Method:
Participate in a Pilates exercise program prior to attending a teacher training program.
Attend a comprehensive training program, and maintain a commitment to continuing education.
Why Invest in Yourself and Becoming a Centerworks® Pilates Trained Teacher
Our philosophy in developing new teachers to work with a smaller number of teachers and focus on the quality of education provided. To maximize your educational experience, we have always kept group sizes small ensuring that each participant gets hands-on experience and individual attention while learning the repertoire of Pilates exercises. However, just learning the exercises doesn’t make one a qualified teacher. Understanding the philosophies behind the system, how to work with special populations, how to select the most appropriate exercises for each client, and progress clients safely and effectively will ensure a teacher’s long-term success in this industry. All of these aspects of becoming a comprehensively trained teacher are covered in great detail during the training program at Centerworks.
There are many options for education in Pilates right now. Some programs offer a more well-rounded education than others. All have varying requirements and associated fees. We believe that you get what you pay for and encourage all potential students to shop around and find the best program for you. Ask lots of questions, search for a teacher/training program that is taught by someone you connect with and share fundamental philosophies for health & wellness. Pilates core concepts should be explained in a manner that makes sense to you and your potential training program/mentor must be able to clearly communicate to you in a style that fits both your learning style and personal goals. Committing to attend a Pilates teacher-training program demonstrates your desire to improve your personal health, expand your knowledge & expertise, and share your passion for whole-body health with others in a very rewarding career.
Pre-requisites for Starting the Program
It is impossible for you to enter a quality program without prior Pilates training & experience. Ideally, your body should be at a strong basic/intermediate level with the Pilates repertoire on both Matwork & Reformer. Additional familiarity with supplemental equipment is ideal, but not required to begin our program. If you are not currently a student at Centerworks Pilates, and are interested in applying for entrance into the Centerworks Teacher Education Program, you will need to schedule an initial consult with Aliesa George, Program Director, to demonstrate your current knowledge base and experience with the Method before being accepted into the program. If you live outside of Wichita, and are currently working with a comprehensively trained instructor – please contact us to discuss how you can demonstrate your training & experience to us to determine your preparedness to begin the program. The stronger your body is with the Pilates repertoire on both the mat & equipment prior to enrolling in any teacher-education program, the more time you will be able to focus on developing your teaching skills during the weekend intensives and internship phase of your training.
About the Centerworks® Pilates Institute Pilates Teacher-Education Program
The Centerworks® Pilates Teacher-Education Program includes a series of intensive workshops to learn in detail the Pilates repertoire (both Matwork & Equipment), as well as modifications, teaching skills, program development, safety….. All of the information you need to develop into a great Pilates Teacher.
To complete the program, in addition to the intensive workshops – an internship will be required to develop your skills as a Pilates professional. The internship portion of the training program consists of hours of observation, practice / lessons /classes, as well as practice teaching under the supervision of an experienced instructor. This is the portion of the learning curve where you gain a deeper understanding of the knowledge you’ve got, and figure out how to see it, speak it, and put everything you’ve learned into practice to become a confident and successful teacher.
Becoming a comprehensively trained Pilates professional is very much like obtaining a 4-year degree in 9 months to 1 ½ years. It will require the dedication of your brain, body and commitment of both time and financial resources. Everything you learn will benefit your body first, and then allow you to share your understanding and expertise with others, helping the world get healthy!
A Message from the Centerworks® Pilates Institute Teacher-Education Director
I hope that the information provided will help you make an educated and informed decision in selecting a training program. Pilates is a field that is growing very quickly. Good instructors are very much in demand and teaching can be a very rewarding career. Your decision to pursue education to become a qualified Pilates professional is important in maintaining the integrity of the Method. If you have any additional questions about our program, please contact me with the form below or call Toll-Free 1-800-946-7804 or Direct (316) 265-9700. I look forward to assisting you with your education.
Peace & Blessings!
Centerworks Pilates Institute
Please complete this form to receive Information about the Centerworks® Pilates Teacher Training Program
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Pilates Arc Barrel Combo $189 Stamina® Pilates Arc Barrel, “A Barrel of Fun!” (Book or eBook) and Workout Video
- Pilates Arc Barrel $169 Stamina® Pilates Arc Barrel
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Circulator Reflexology Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- The BIG Foot Bundle $125 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers with DVD, Circulator Foot Reflexology Mat and Two Pairs of Toe Sox
- Baby Steps Bundle $59.50 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Therabands (Blue/Green) and Circulator Foot Reflexology Mat
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Yamuna Foot Savers with DVD 59.95 2 Foot Savers with Workout DVD
- The Circulator: Foot Reflexology Massage Mat $39.95 Foot Reflexology Massage Mat
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout Audio $37 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout Audio
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Foam Rollers $20 Pilates Foam Roller in Three Styles
- Toe Sox $15 Black Pilates and Yoga Socks
- Therabands $10 Exercise Bands in a Variety of Four Strength and Resistance Levels
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 1:12 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Tips & Tricks for a Stress-Free Life $49 eBook and 52-Week eCourse
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD/VHS
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Theme of the Day $15 37-Page Booklet by Aliesa George
- Centerworks® Pilates Training Manuals $225 Eight Pilates Teacher-Training “How-to” Manuals by Aliesa George
- The Barrels Manual $40 100-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- The Cadillac Manual $40 113-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- The Chairs Manual $40 74-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- The Reformer Manual $40 117-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- Basic Matwork Manual $25 68-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- Intermediate Matwork Manual $25 68-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- Advanced Matwork Manual $25 56-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- Supplemental Equipment Manual $15 57-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George