Healthy Recipes: Protein-Packed Chocolate Pudding with Blueberries
This protein-packed chocolate pudding really is one of my favorite “comfort” desserts (also great for breakfast, lunch, or an afternoon snack!). Eating this brings back memories… When I was a kid, my Aunt Rachel made the best Chocolate Cream Pie on the planet! For every holiday, birthday, or special family get-together, she always made me a chocolate pie. In the early years, she’d ask what I wanted for dessert. But after a while it became obvious that she could ask, but my special request was always going to be her amazing chocolate pie! I miss both her, and her pie, dearly…I suppose that’s why I have such sweet memories every time I take a bite of this pudding I whipped up one day on a whim.
I keep thinking that I’m going to get some of my favorite recipes compiled into a cookbook. But when you’re somebody that cooks by the seat of your pants, rarely making the same thing twice…it’s a challenge to nail down a recipe. Recipes to me are more like suggestions! A springboard from which to start making changes. And, since over the years I’ve dealt with tons of food sensitivities, allergies, and intolerances, the question of what CAN I eat that my body will take and use appropriately continues to be a moving target.
So, if you’re anything like me, the ingredients below for my yummy protein-packed chocolate pudding with blueberries will be recommended “suggestions.” Feel free to modify and adapt based on your body’s desires and needs for the right foods.
This is a sugar-free recipe (until you add the blueberries!). So, if you’re looking to cut sugar completely out of your life, you can still enjoy this chocolate pudding, just skip the fruit.
Remember – it’s a-ok to swap out ingredients and find the right combination of things that work best for you! Sometimes I leave the chia seeds out… Sometimes I leave the protein powder out… Sometimes I add more protein powder… Or more yogurt and no water… You could add different berries, cacao nibs for a little crunch. Eat with a gluten-free graham cracker for that “pie” feeling. Or add a dollop of coconut or cashew cream for an extra kick! The possibilities are endless. Here’s my base recipe to get you started:
Aliesa’s Healthy Protein-Packed Chocolate Pudding with Blueberries
- ½ Cup Plain Yogurt (I used to use non-fat plain Greek yogurt… currently I prefer a dairy-free Coconut yogurt, or other Nut milk yogurt – homemade when I have time to whip up a batch.)
- ½ C water
- 1 T Chia Seeds
- 1 t Cacao Powder (Hershey’s Cocoa Powder works fine too)
- 4 drops liquid stevia dark chocolate flavored (more or less to taste)
- 2 T Sunflower Nut Butter (I use Organic SunButter – it’s just nuts no added oils or sugars)
- 1 Fuxion Ganomas Cappuccino packet (dry)
- 1/4 package of Fuxion BioPro Active Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Powder (dry)
- ½ Cup fresh Blueberries
Place all ingredients in a bowl, except blueberries. Use a spoon to hand mix until thoroughly blended. Add blueberries, stir, put on the lid, and refrigerate to let the chia seeds soak.
Helpful hint – I usually make this in a Mason Jar. It’s easy, serving sized, and quick to make ahead to grab and go.
Serving Size and Calories
It depends on how many calories you’re counting to calculate a serving size. For me, the recipe above is 1 very generous LARGE meal-sized serving (I estimate approximately 432 calories with a whopping 28.1 g of plant-based protein). Or 2 Medium-sized servings (approx. 216 calories). If you were into a 2-bite dessert you could probably make this into 4-6 servings! I happen to be a pudding pig and this usually becomes a high-protein, morning or mid-afternoon meal for me.
Getting All the Ingredients
Don’t have the Fuxion products in your kitchen pantry? Swap it out for something else (but I can’t guarantee the taste!). If you’re interested in ordering the Ganomas Cappuccino mix, and BioPro X Active Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Powder that I used in this recipe, or trying some of the other healthy sugar-free Fuxion functional beverage drinks that I enjoy and cook with regularly, click here to visit my Fuxion virtual shop scroll thru to find the products you want, and order a box today!
It’s not my Aunt Rachel’s chocolate cream pie. But I know it’s better for me! Quick and easy, and oh so yummy. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Yamuna Foot Savers with DVD 59.95 2 Foot Savers with Workout DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George