Improving Knee Strength with a 2 Leg Hamstring Curl Exercise
The strength of the muscles around the knees are really important to keep your knees healthy and safe.
Unfortunately, our knees are stuck between our ankles and hips. If you are experiencing knee pain, chances are there is something else going on with your legs, either down at your foot or at your ankle, or up at the hips that’s a contributing factor in the pain and problems you’re experiencing at your knees.
Here are some tips for doing a double-legged Hamstring Curl Exercise to help improve knee strength, and reduce knee pain and problems. This is a simple exercise that requires no special equipment. What’s important is that you maintain great form and work in a pain-free range of motion.
Two Leg Hamstring Curl Exercise
One of the most important muscle groups that need to get stronger to keep your knees fit and healthy are your Hamstring Muscles. This double-legged Leg Curl Exercise is great exercise to strengthen your knees and Hamstrings.
- Start by lying down in your stomach.
- Bring your legs together in a parallel position so your knees are facing straight down to the floor.
- You can put your hands underneath your nose and rest your head on your hands.
- Lengthen your tailbone to your heels, while pulling your lower belly in to help support your lower back. Then firm up your Glutes to help hold that nice, long back position.
- Squeeze you inner thighs together to keep the legs close next to each other and help you work the medial portion of the Hamstring muscles.
- With control, bend your knees using the Hamstrings muscles along the back of the thigh to bring the heels in towards the butt.
- It doesn’t matter how far your legs bend, but how well you keep both legs squeezing together and the pelvis close to the floor.
- As you are able to maintain the legs together and hips still, work on increasing the range of motion that the knees are bending in for more of a challenge.
- Repeat this exercise for 5-10 repetitions. 1-3 sets.
Important Tips to Remember
- If you start to bring your legs in and your lower back arches, you stopped using your Hamstrings and your lower back muscles took over to do the work. Keep your back still! This is very important for lower back safety.
- Be sure that your legs stay squeezing together. If your legs come apart when you bend the knees, you are using more of the outer portion of your Hamstrings, instead of training the whole Hamstring group for balanced muscle development.
- Keeping your inner thighs and inner Hamstrings working by holding the legs together will help improve leg and knee alignment and keep your knees tracking safely.
Knee strength is important for a healthy, active life! Keep your knees fit, healthy, and pain-free! Strengthen your Hamstrings with this easy 2 Leg Hamstring Curl Exercise.
Goal Setting and finding an easy way to Track your Efforts Go Hand-In-Hand for Health and Fitness Success. Keep track of your knee strengthening exercises and all your workouts to ensure you’re on track for wellness success!
Use the Be-Fit Journal to quickly see your effort and actions for an amazing 5 years of fitness!
Develop lifetime wellness habits and use your Be Fit Journal to see a quick snap-shot from year to year the actions you’re taking to help you achieve optimal health & wellness.
Be Fit – Be Centered – Be Well
Get YOUR Be Fit Journal Today!
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Pilates Arc Barrel Combo $189 Stamina® Pilates Arc Barrel, “A Barrel of Fun!” (Book or eBook) and Workout Video
- Pilates Arc Barrel $169 Stamina® Pilates Arc Barrel
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Circulator Reflexology Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- The BIG Foot Bundle $125 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers with DVD, Circulator Foot Reflexology Mat and Two Pairs of Toe Sox
- Baby Steps Bundle $59.50 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Therabands (Blue/Green) and Circulator Foot Reflexology Mat
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Yamuna Foot Savers with DVD 59.95 2 Foot Savers with Workout DVD
- The Circulator: Foot Reflexology Massage Mat $39.95 Foot Reflexology Massage Mat
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout Audio $37 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout Audio
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Foam Rollers $20 Pilates Foam Roller in Three Styles
- Toe Sox $15 Black Pilates and Yoga Socks
- Therabands $10 Exercise Bands in a Variety of Four Strength and Resistance Levels
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 1:12 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Tips & Tricks for a Stress-Free Life $49 eBook and 52-Week eCourse
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD/VHS
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Theme of the Day $15 37-Page Booklet by Aliesa George
- Centerworks® Pilates Training Manuals $225 Eight Pilates Teacher-Training “How-to” Manuals by Aliesa George
- The Barrels Manual $40 100-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- The Cadillac Manual $40 113-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- The Chairs Manual $40 74-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- The Reformer Manual $40 117-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- Basic Matwork Manual $25 68-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- Intermediate Matwork Manual $25 68-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- Advanced Matwork Manual $25 56-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George
- Supplemental Equipment Manual $15 57-Page Pilates Teacher-Training Exercise Manual by Aliesa George