Celebrate Your Pilates Progress – Cheers to Your Success!
What’s Your Favorite Way to Celebrate Your Pilates Progress…
It is always fun to see how far we’ve come. Who doesn’t love a great before and after shot of a home makeover, a weight loss success story or fashion makeover? But what about celebrating your Pilates progress…How far have you come in your Pilates journey? And how do you celebrate your Pilates progress?
Do You Remember How You Felt When You Started Pilates?
Sometimes clients actually forget how they felt, or what their body was capable of when they started. Do you remember how badly your feet cramped after only a few exercises during your first few Pilates sessions? How smooth was your roll in rolling like a ball? What other exercises or Pilates concepts seemed to make sense in your brain, but seemed impossible to execute in your body, and now they are a piece of cake, you barely have to think to move with ease! When was the last time you took a moment to celebrate your Pilates progress?
Did you know that Joseph Pilates celebrated “Champagne Moments” with his clients? Yep, when someone achieved a breakthrough, did an exercise that they’d been struggling with, or something fabulous and monumental while they were in the studio, everybody would stop their workouts, they’d pop the cork on a bottle of champagne, fill up little Dixie cups, cheer, toast, and celebrate the achievement. Quite a fun way to celebrate your Pilates progress don’t you think!
It’s important for us to remember the little moments in life when we’ve achieved “greatness!” But many of us forget our “Champagne Moments,” or don’t take time to celebrate them along the way…
I hate to see clients drop out of Pilates, frustrated, and feeling like they’re not making progress. For new students often BIG changes happen right at the start, but most of the time it’s the accumulation of very small shifts and improvements that with time, make the biggest impact in our lives for better health and wellness. And achieving greatness takes time, patience, and consistency. But you can’t just celebrate reaching the BIG goal, you have to learn to celebrate your Pilates progress with all the little steps along the way. This is the motivation that can help keep you moving in the right direction.
It’s good to have both short and long term “Pilates” goals to work on. With goals you have benchmarks. Every time you reach your next benchmark you have an opportunity to celebrate your success, and will have clear things to identify that can be “Champagne Moments” for you.
Take the initiative to keep the lines of communication open to stay in sync with your mind, body, AND Pilates teacher, to get the help you need to move forward so you can celebrate your Pilates progress. Whether you’ve been doing Pilates for a week, a year, or 20+ years, every Pilates workout gives you the opportunity to achieve greatness for a healthy, happy, well-balanced body.
Think about what you want to achieve, how you want your body to feel and look by practicing Pilates. What things in your daily life will improve? What things that are challenging for you now will be easier? What other sports and activities will you be able to enjoy? All of these answers will help you appreciate your efforts. Remember where you started, what you’ve achieved so far, and where you’d like to go to improve your strength, flexibility, and fitness for a healthy and active life. So now tell me, how do YOU plan to celebrate your Pilates progress?
Sometimes it can be helpful to track your workouts! Check out the BeFit Journal to keep you on-track for 5 Years of fitness!
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Yamuna Foot Savers with DVD 59.95 2 Foot Savers with Workout DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George