Toe Tips for Fantastic Feet, by Aliesa George
“Did you know that you can reduce foot pain by how your shoes are laced? This also affects how well the muscles of the feet work! To keep the arches of your feet lifted and supporting your body, lace your shoes so there is no pressure on the navicular bone (the knobby bump on the top of your foot). Discover “How to Tie Your Tennies for Healthy and Happy Feet”
“Generally speaking, exercise programs target the larger muscles of the body and our feet get forgotten! Cramming your feet into a pair of shoes and going out for a run is not enough to keep healthy and happy feet. Treat each toe as a unique individual! For strong, fit, and flexible feet – the toes, arches, and ankles should all be given the opportunity to workout, individually and together! Take care of your feet and they will last you a lifetime.” Learn quick and easy exercises for foot care you can do at home in the book Fantastic Feet! by Aliesa George.
“If you wear high heels or dress shoes during the day, and exercise after work, be cautious with the change in shoes and activities. To avoid injury and potential foot pain, take extra time to warm up and stretch your calves, ankles, and feet before beginning any vigorous workout program or high-impact activity.” Explore foot care exercises for athletic feet.
“As you improve foot fitness it’s important to invest in new shoes. Old shoes will reinforce your old posture habits. Evaluate what’s sitting in your shoe closet. If your shoes aren’t helping your feet feel better it’s time to toss them out, or donate worn but not worn-out shoes to your favorite charity. Eliminate your risk for foot pain with exercise, and treat your feet to the support they deserve with good-fitting, comfortable, supportive shoes.”
“Our shoes are engineered to propel us forward, so the muscles of the feet don’t have to work as hard as they should during a workout. For specific foot care exercises to help you enjoy happy feet, find activities you can do barefoot. Do Pilates, take a yoga class, walk around the house, or on the beach, any exercise you can do safely without shoes will help keep your feet fit.”
“Did you know that the strength and flexibility of our feet, ankles, arches, and toes helps to maintain balance and body control when walking on uneven terrain? Avoid twisting or spraining your ankles by practicing rising on your tippy-toes with good alignment and lowering down with control. (ankles centered over the toes – no wobbles.) Stand in front of a mirror to be sure you’re not rolling the feet in or out and can maintain good posture while you work.” For more toe tips and resources for exercising the feet visit Fantastic Feet! Products NOW!
“As we age, maintaining good strength and body awareness from our head to our feet insures the enjoyment of an active lifestyle and can reduce the risk of falls & injury. By incorporating simple foot fitness exercises into your weekly routine, you can keep that youthful spring in your step that will give you the confidence to keep up with the grand-kids!”
“Do your toes drift or cross? To maintain flexibility between your toes, buy a set of pedicure pads. When you’re hanging out at home, wear them for 15-30 minutes a few times a week to help stretch your feet and keep your toes in good alignment.” To learn other great tips for happy feet check out Fantastic Feet! Exercises to Strengthen Your Ankles, Arches & Toes by Aliesa George.
“If you have bunions and hammer toes, it’s never too late, and you are never too old to increase muscle strength, and improve joint flexibility. Learning how to improve joint mobility and re-align your feet with simple exercises can help keep your feet healthy and reduce foot pain.”
“There is more to improving foot fitness than just stretching the calves! While calf stretches can be very beneficial for healthy feet, ankles, and can also help to reduce lower back pain. There are many other muscles in the lower leg and foot that need to be stretched. Ankle circles and a good foot massage can help you keep fit and flexible feet and are a great addition to a good foot care program that will keep your whole body healthy.”
“Did you know that you have 26 bones in the foot! And more than 24 different muscles in the lower leg and foot that all play an important role in the strength and support of the ankles, arches, and toes. Proper use of these muscles assists in the lever action of the foot to propel us forward when we walk and run. Walking & running isn’t enough for well-balanced muscle development for the whole foot. Be confident you’ve got a great foot strengthening program and enjoy the benefits of Fantastic Feet!”
“Foot pain or injury can change your gait patterns and over time may affect or create joint pain in your knees, hips, or back. Pilates is excellent for helping to retrain the body, improve posture, and balance muscle development to avoid this chain of pain. Have an experienced Pilates professional work with you to develop an exercise program specific to your goals and needs. By practicing Pilates you’ll learn new daily life habits to keep your whole body healthy and fit.”
Check out more great foot fitness resources from Centerworks® including foot fitness products and foot care articles.
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Yamuna Foot Savers with DVD 59.95 2 Foot Savers with Workout DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George