Welcoming In the Chinese New Year – 2014: The Year of the Horse
Health and Success – Paying Attention and Making the Transition with the Green Horse Energy Shift
While I am not an expert in Chinese Astrology, I do find it interesting. And from my training and teaching Bigu Qigong and studying Yin-Yang and Five-Element Theory, I am always fascinated about the relationship between what I know as a Western American, and what I feel happening physically, mentally and emotionally in my body and my world relative to a Chinese Medicine or Astrology.
While officially the Chinese New Year starts on January 31, 2014, and the Year of the Horse begins on February 4th. I am already keenly aware that there is an energetic shift happening.
Since I felt the shift before I knew what “Astrological Year” we were transitioning into, it prompted me to do a Google search to learn more about what to expect in 2014.
Last year – 2013, was the Year of the Water Snake. Water snake – Water element. As a water-baby and Aquarius by Western Astrology – I’m a super happy, go-with-the-flow water child. Perhaps some water-happy people drink lots, but personally, I’ve never needed much to drink. So this change was the first real shift that I noticed. All of a sudden I am THIRSTY! In fact I almost cannot consume enough liquid. I feel like a fish out of water…literally I am drinking all of the time. WHY? I truly think my body is trying to balance itself out to transition from the Year of the Water Snake to the Year of the Horse. I feel like I’ve been pulled out of the water and tossed into the fire! It’s quite strange how quickly all of this came about at the end of December into early January.
I’ve talked with a few other people who are noticing a similar shift in their chemistry, and the quickening of the pace of what’s happening in their life. So the best I can encourage is to listen to your body. Enjoy being productive and active, but take time to rest. If you’re like me and finding it almost impossible to sleep – take time to meditate, practice deep breathing, and follow the rules I learned with Bigu Qigong to “Eat When Hungry, and Drink When You’re Thirsty.” Just be aware that if you seem hungrier than usual – it might be because you are more active (if not physically, emotionally/energetically.) And if quenching your thirst is a challenge right now, it might be your body begging for some help with overactive fire energy as we make the transition to shift into the Year of the Green Horse. And are you eating more because you’re THIRSTY, not hungry? Pay attention…to stay hydrated and healthy!
So what do you have to look forward to in the Year of the Green Horse?
The year of your birth, dictates the animal sign you fall under for Chinese Astrology. Depending on your animal sign, and how it relates with horse will tell you how “lucky” 2014 will be for you. But generally speaking, keep in mind that Green is a Wood Element, and Horse is a Fire Element… Wood Fuels Fire so it may be an action-packed year for many. And here are some key thoughts on the energy and power of Horses. .. Horses are wild animals that like to run free. Horses have been used for quick transportation, competition, and in China, Horse is connected to speedy success. Horses like to compete. They pursue freedom, passion, and leadership. Many people will have busy schedules to reach their goals in 2014. Horse is connected to heat, fire, and red. Horses like social activities and are also connected to love. Horses are intelligent, but need to be trained to be useful to humans. Without guidance, a horse will run wild and has no destination.
Our Human WILL needs to be strong in the Year of the Horse to guide our actions to achieve success in both business and life. Enjoy riding on the energy of Horse, this year is a year of action. Take time to chart your course to ensure that you head in the right direction to reach your goals. Listen to your body and find balance of action and rest so you don’t burn up, or burn out in this fire sign. Make good choices, and take special care of your mind-body health in 2014.
It should be a quite the ride, and a great adventure. Saddle Up for the Year of the Horse!
Meditation can help keep you calm, focused, and centered to harness the power of your Green Horse energy in 2014. Click here to download a free 15-minute meditation from Centerworks.
Harness your Inner Power with the Pulse-Power™ Daily Dozen 10 Minute Workout Plan. Use as a stand-alone quick training program, or as a warm-up before more intense workouts. This easy and efficient Pulse-Power Workout can help you gain rapid improvements in core support, balance, and body control.
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Yamuna Foot Savers with DVD 59.95 2 Foot Savers with Workout DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George