Health and Fitness Success: 6 Simple Strategies To Build a Strong Foundation
The foundation of achieving health and fitness success involves several key strategies to ensure your workout program is lifestyle friendly and effectively getting you the results you desire.
Whether your goals are to lose weight, get stronger, more flexible, run farther or faster, participate in a marathon, fun run or triathlon, or be competitive in sport you enjoy… there are sport-specific exercises that will be helpful to include in your training plan, but there are also a few foundational principles that can be instrumental in helping you achieve health and fitness success.
For everything we do in life, finding balance, and developing good cross-training strategies can help improve motivation and keep our burning desire to do what it takes strong.
Whether you’re an Olympic athlete, excel in your sport professionally, enjoy participating in recreational fitness activities, or are just getting started and in the beginning stages of developing your exercise program and training plan, taking a few minutes to evaluate your strategies and confirm that you’ve got the right foundation for success can keep you on track to reach your goals.
In this 6-part article series, I’m going to share with you six simple strategies to build a strong foundation for your health and fitness success.
- If you’re already an athlete, you know what it’s like to be on a consistent training plan and put your time in to develop your body and the skills required to excel for your sport. But sometimes training hard, leads to chronic overuse injuries or other challenges that get in the way of doing what we love. Discover ways to continue improving to excel and stay in top physical condition.
- If you’re a recreational fitness enthusiast, you might be just working out for the fun of it, or to try and lose weight, look better, and feel better. Are you getting the results you want? Do you love what you’re doing, or bored with your workouts? Or maybe you too have suffered a training injury that’s putting a wrench in your ability to get your workouts done to stay fit and healthy? Discover new options to keep things fun, fresh, and interesting to stay fit.
- And for those of you just getting started with an exercise program, what better way to be confident that you’re off to a great start than by laying a solid foundation for health and fitness success than by learning these six simple strategies!
3 Easy Steps, + 6 Simple Strategies to Help YOU Achieve Health and Fitness Success
Be confident that YOU CAN DO IT! The simple strategies being laid out here can help give you guidance you need to evaluate where you’re at today, and also evaluate what you want to achieve to ensure you’re on track with your wellness program.
Confirm that you’ve got the right things in place to support your progress.
Get ready to take action to achieve great results for improved sports performance, and fabulous health and fitness success!
Strategy #1: Goal Setting
Do you know what your specific health and wellness goals are? You may have some ideas floating around in your head, but have you ever taken the time to write them down? Grab a piece of paper or open a document on your computer and start jotting down what you want to achieve. BE SPECIFIC.
- Example: Don’t just say, “I want to lose weight.” Instead say, “I want to lose 20 pounds.” Or, I want to weigh a healthy, 127 pounds by ___________.” (fill in your goal date.)
- Example: Don’t say, “I want to run a marathon.” Instead say, “I want to run the Boston Marathon in 2013, and complete it in a time of ________.” (fill in your desired goal time.)
- Example: Don’t say, “I want to improve my upper body strength.” Instead say, “I want to be able to bench press 225 pounds, and do 25 chin-ups by _________.” (fill in your goal date.)
It doesn’t matter what your goals are, (or even how long it takes to get there.) But it’s extremely helpful if your goals are clear and specific with a target date, so you can plan accordingly and strive to meet your deadlines.
It doesn’t even matter that you’re not sure how to do what you want. What matters at this point is that you clearly KNOW what you want to achieve. If you think about Health and Wellness, there are LOTS of different areas you can start to define target goals for.
Here Are Suggestions of Different Areas of Your Health and Wellness Program you Can Look at Setting Goals For To Help Get You Started:
I’ve even had clients who’s goals were as simple as, “I want to be able to walk up the stairs with good balance and not be afraid that I’m going to fall.” “I want to be able to play 18 holes of Golf without back pain.” Or, “I want to be able to lift my arm overhead without shoulder pain.” These goals are clearly defined and measurable, so it is possible to start creating a training program to work on improving the strength, flexibility, and support required to improve health and achieve the desired results.
You may have specific areas of your body you want to work on improving. Some of what you want to achieve may involve physical effort, some things may involve more mental effort! But regardless of what it’s going to take to get there… A solid foundation for success with your Health and Wellness Program, or Sport-specific training program involves YOU being absolutely clear on what you want to accomplish.
Take the time today… to sit down with yourself and put your thoughts down in writing to begin laying the foundation for you to achieve the results you desire for optimal wellness, improved sports-performance, and health and fitness success.
Stay tuned – Coming Soon… Part 2 – Functional Fitness: The next simple strategy in this 6-part plan for health and wellness success.
Goal Setting and finding an easy way to Track your Efforts Go Hand-In-Hand for Health and Fitness Success.
Use theBe-Fit Journal to quickly see your effort and actions for an amazing 5 years of fitness!
Develop lifetime wellness habits and use your Be Fit Journal to see a quick snap-shot from year to year the actions you’re taking to help you achieve optimal health & wellness.
Be Fit – Be Centered – Be Well
Get YOUR Be Fit Journal Today!
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ 2.0 $195 Includes Fantastic Feet Book, Arch Activators (pair), Toe Bandz Kit (4 bands + mini massage ball), Toe Separators Kit (1 pair skinny & 1 pair wide), Super-Ankle Board + exercise booklet and video training program, Foot Fitness COMBO Exercise Selection Guide Booklet -- All in a convenient, portable mesh carry bag; PLUS the Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Fantastic Feet mini-foot fitness kit (sticks, stones, TheraBand, and mini-massage ball), RunFit Kit 2.0 Quick Reference Guide (laminated charts) (to help you pick the best Run-Fit training tool/exercises to get started, based on the foot-care issues you may be dealing with…), Run-Fit Kit backpack to keep everything together, easy to find, and ready to use for your at-home, and on-the-go workouts.
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $10 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $10 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $10 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $10 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $59 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $27 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $14 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George