A Simple Hand Exercise to Balance Energy and Emotions
Help Yourself with this Hand Exercise
Embrace the power of healing hands. We all know how good a massage feels, and how important touch is to provide calming, healing energy. But did you know there is a simple way that you can work with your own hands to help heal yourself?
I’m always so amazed to learn and experience the benefits of the mind body connection. There are many, many different modalities and techniques out there. In India when they work with healing hands it’s thru Mudras. But this simple hand exercises to balance energy and emotions is from the ancient Japanese form of touch therapy called Jin Shin Jyutsu.
Improving balance between the mind and body means that we are in sync or in “flow” not only within ourselves, but in relation to the world around us.
Our emotions are intertwined with the health and well-being of our mind and body. This simple Jin Shin Jyutsu technique can be done anywhere. You can work on one specific area, or do a whole-body balance by working through all of the fingers on both hands.
Eastern philosophies connect Emotions, Organs, and Physical Symptoms, a shift or healing can help bring everything into balance. Use the chart below to help determine which finger(s) you should hold for this simple hand exercise to balance your energy and emotions.
How To Do this Simple Hand Exercise:
Hold the finger that’s connected to the emotion you want to calm, or the organ you want to heal for 3-5 minutes while breathing deeply.
|Thumb||Worry, Depression, Anxiety||Stomach, Spleen||Stomach Aches, Headaches
Skin Problems, Nervousness
|Index Finger||Fear, Mental Confusion, Frustration||Kidney, Bladder||Digestive Problems, Wrist, Elbow, or Upper Arm Discomfort, Muscles and Back Aches, Teeth/Gum Issues, Addictions|
|Middle Finger||Anger, Irritability, Indecisiveness||Liver, Gall Bladder||Eye or Vision Problems, Fatigue, Migraines, Frontal Headaches, Menstrual Cramps, Circulation Problems|
|Ring Finger||Sadness, Fear of Rejection, Grief, Negativity||Lung, Large Intestine||Digestive Problems, Respiratory Issues, Ringing in Ears, Deep Skin Conditions|
|Pinkie Finger||Overdoing It, Low Self-Esteem, Insecurity, Judgmental, Nervousness||Heart, Small Intestine||Bone or Nerve Problems, Heart Conditions, Blood Pressure, Sore Throat, Bloating|
Personally, I’m always looking for simple techniques to incorporate into my day for health improvement. This looks like a fabulous way to balance mind and body! Try it and let me know what you notice. Share what you discover by quietly breathing and holding your finger(s), or hands.
Give Yourself a HAND, and Have a Happy & Healthy Day!
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ 2.0 $195 Includes Fantastic Feet Book, Arch Activators (pair), Toe Bandz Kit (4 bands + mini massage ball), Toe Separators Kit (1 pair skinny & 1 pair wide), Super-Ankle Board + exercise booklet and video training program, Foot Fitness COMBO Exercise Selection Guide Booklet -- All in a convenient, portable mesh carry bag; PLUS the Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Fantastic Feet mini-foot fitness kit (sticks, stones, TheraBand, and mini-massage ball), RunFit Kit 2.0 Quick Reference Guide (laminated charts) (to help you pick the best Run-Fit training tool/exercises to get started, based on the foot-care issues you may be dealing with…), Run-Fit Kit backpack to keep everything together, easy to find, and ready to use for your at-home, and on-the-go workouts.
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $10 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $10 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $10 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $10 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $59 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $27 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $14 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George