Do You “Tune-Out” When You Work Out? Tips To Improve Functional Movement & Whole-Body Health
Health Improvement can encompass a lot of different things. Depending on your wellness goals, the focus can be on fitness, diet & nutrition, stress-management, or a number of other things necessary to take care of your body and enjoy good health.
One of the all important things on a Health Improvement list is fitness. Daily exercise and an active lifestyle is critical for maintaining good health. And good functional movement is critical with every exercise to keep your body safe and injury-free while improving your strength, flexibility and overall wellness.
There are some people that “tune-out” when they workout! Headphones on, watching TV…not paying any attention (or wanting to pay attention) to what the body is doing while it’s moving. Not that headphones are wrong…but if you’re singing along, your body may be on auto-pilot – It’s not ideal to be moving and completely unaware of what you’re doing.
To really get maximum benefits from your fitness activities, it’s necessary to “tune-in”
and pay attention to what the body is doing while it’s moving!
It takes brain-power to tell the body what to do and how to move. The more “tuned-in” you are, the better job your brain can do to be sure that every movement you do is done well, right, and is functionally efficient to help improve your health.
By paying attention to what the body is doing while it’s moving, you can start to become aware of how things feel, noticing the muscles that are working, that aren’t working, how easy or challenging the effort is, what your posture is like, if your breathing is helping to support your effort… So many “little” things that are important to pay attention to while you’re exercising can accumulate to make BIG differences in your technique to improve functional movement and as a result – get the optimal health improvement benefits you’re looking for from your efforts.
If you’re not getting the results you want from your fitness program. Re-evaluate your goals, take a look at the exercises in your workout program, then tune-in. If needed, find a functional movement specialist to help you fine-tune your exercise technique to discover how to change your functional movement habits to optimize your efforts with every exercise you do!
Better Functional Movement Habits + Repetition of Good Habits with Exercise
= Amazing Health Improvement Benefits!
Tune-in, focus on form, and maximize your exercise efforts to enjoy good health today, tomorrow, and always.
One of the greatest benefits of Pilates is that your brain and body has to be engaged during every exercise you do! If you’re looking for something to help focus your attention on form and function, do Pilates! Then take what you’re learning with your Pilates exercises for improved functional movement, and transfer those efforts back to all the other sport and fitness activities you enjoy!
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George