Foot Care Tips for Quick, Easy, Do-It-Yourself Foot Pain Relief for Sore, Tired, and Achy Feet with a Mini-Massage Ball
Here are some simple foot-care tips to relieve foot pain and enjoy a relaxing foot massage with a mini-massage ball for healthy and happy feet.
At the end of a good walk, run, or workout, or after a long day at work, do you ever experience tired, sore or achy feet and arches? Being able to prop your feet up and take a break helps, but how often do you take the time to treat your feet with a relaxing foot massage? I know, it might be a challenge to find somebody to give you a foot massage, and paying for a foot massage daily would be great, but probably isn’t very practical for the average budget. So here’s the secret…
You Can Get a Great Do-It-Yourself Foot Massage with a Mini-Massage Ball.
The ball I’m using came out of my Centerworks Foot Fitness Kit. Or any size ball will work. I’d encourage you to experiment with different sizes, textures, and densities to see what your feet enjoy the most.
- A smaller, firmer ball, like the one I’m using, can dig in a little deeper to pinpoint tight muscles for relief.
- If you’re using a softer, or larger ball, your massage will be a little gentler or less intense.
- Regardless of the ball you use, you can get great benefits from this exercise to help your feet feel better.
How To Use Your Mini-Massage Ball for Foot Pain Relief
- Take your shoes off, socks on or off is optional.
- Find something you can hang onto for balance if needed.
- Place your mini-massage ball under the sole of one foot.
- Put as much weight on that leg as you can comfortably tolerate and begin to roll the ball around under your foot.
For a Lateral Arch Massage: Roll the ball along the bottom of your foot from the heel to the toes, go from the heel to the big toe and back to the heel, then heel to the 2nd toe and back, continue rolling the ball lengthwise through each toe.
For a Medial Arch Massage: Work the ball side to side across the heel, through the arch, and under the toes. Take your time and be sure to continue breathing throughout your foot massage!
Pinpoint Tender Spots on the Soles of the Feet: Now do little circles through the arch. Circle one way, then reverse directions. Pay attention to the spots where you feel extra tension or tenderness and gently spend a little more time massaging those areas with the ball.
Once you feel like that foot has had enough, step off your ball and feel the difference between your feet. You should be able to tell which foot you just massaged and the other one is probably saying, “MY Turn, My Turn!!!” So be sure you give them both equal time for a well-balanced treat!
A Few More Tips For Using Your Mini-Massage Ball for Foot Care
Using your mini-massage ball is another really easy foot-care exercise that you can do almost anywhere! It will be deeper and more intense the more of your body weight you put on the ball. So standing for your foot massage will give you a deeper massage, sitting will make it a little easier. When you’re seated you won’t have to worry about balance, and there will be less body weight on your foot during the massage. Play with this standing and seated to see what works best for you and your feet!
Enjoy taking care of yourself and your feet with this mini-massage ball foot care exercise! Take a couple of minutes daily, or at least once or twice a week to massage your feet, and it will help relax the muscle of your arches to keep your feet healthy, fit, and pain-free.
Look forward to seeing you again soon for another Fantastic Feet exercise tip! Have a Great Day!
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ 2.0 $195 Includes Fantastic Feet Book, Arch Activators (pair), Toe Bandz Kit (4 bands + mini massage ball), Toe Separators Kit (1 pair skinny & 1 pair wide), Super-Ankle Board + exercise booklet and video training program, Foot Fitness COMBO Exercise Selection Guide Booklet -- All in a convenient, portable mesh carry bag; PLUS the Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Fantastic Feet mini-foot fitness kit (sticks, stones, TheraBand, and mini-massage ball), RunFit Kit 2.0 Quick Reference Guide (laminated charts) (to help you pick the best Run-Fit training tool/exercises to get started, based on the foot-care issues you may be dealing with…), Run-Fit Kit backpack to keep everything together, easy to find, and ready to use for your at-home, and on-the-go workouts.
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $10 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $10 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $10 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $10 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $59 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $27 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $14 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George