How to Tie Your Tennies for Healthy
& Happy Feet Free PDF Download
It may sound kind of silly, but did you know that how you tie your shoes may affect the health of your feet?
Our feet are the most used & abused part of the body—especially if you enjoy walking and running for exercise! The arches of the feet provide us with flexibility, help to absorb shock, distribute the weight of the body, and assist the feet in adapting to surface changes when walking, running, and climbing. Lack of proper foot/arch strength and flexibility can contribute to fallen arches, ankle, knee, hip, back, shoulder, and neck problems. ALL of this is compounded when you’re pounding the pavement for miles to get a good workout in.
Try This Experiment:
You can do this to yourself—or get with a friend. With your shoes on or off, stand or sit, and place your thumb on the bone centered over your arch that runs down to your big toe. Apply downward pressure with your thumb to the top of your foot and notice what you feel happen to the muscles of your arches on the bottom of your foot.
What Did You Notice?
When you pressed down, did you feel the muscles under your foot relax/release? And when you took the pressure off, did those muscles re-activate and the arches of your foot lift slightly?
When there is pressure across the top of your foot (the middle of your arch), by laces too tight, a strap, elastic… it all depends on the shoe style. This pressure cues the muscles on the bottom of your feet to relax. When the muscles of the arches relax, they no longer are doing their job to support the bones of the foot (and consequently, the rest of your body.) If this continues over time, foot, ankle, knee, hip, and back pain could result—all from lack of support or proper muscle use with the feet!
Are you working your whole body with your current fitness program? Including your feet?
What exercises are you doing to specifically strengthen and stretch your, ankles, arches, & toes?
Most fitness programs, don’t teach strength training for toes! However, exercises for your feet are vital for long-term whole-body health. Especially if you enjoy walking and running!
What can I do to keep my feet strong and arches lifted?
Fill in below Form to Get Your Free Instruction Guide,
How To Tie Your Tennies for Healthy & Happy Feet!
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ 2.0 $195 Includes Fantastic Feet Book, Arch Activators (pair), Toe Bandz Kit (4 bands + mini massage ball), Toe Separators Kit (1 pair skinny & 1 pair wide), Super-Ankle Board + exercise booklet and video training program, Foot Fitness COMBO Exercise Selection Guide Booklet -- All in a convenient, portable mesh carry bag; PLUS the Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Fantastic Feet mini-foot fitness kit (sticks, stones, TheraBand, and mini-massage ball), RunFit Kit 2.0 Quick Reference Guide (laminated charts) (to help you pick the best Run-Fit training tool/exercises to get started, based on the foot-care issues you may be dealing with…), Run-Fit Kit backpack to keep everything together, easy to find, and ready to use for your at-home, and on-the-go workouts.
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $10 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $10 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $10 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $10 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $59 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $27 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $14 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George