Gaining a 360° Degree Perspective on Your Thoughts, Habits, & Daily Actions to Achieve Success
Do you ever wonder why you’re still trying? Does progress to reach your goals seem like it’s at a standstill? Have you started and quit, started and quit multiple times because you just don’t feel like things are moving forward?
Maybe it’s time to take a 360° look around to gain some new perspective.
Unfortunately we’re living in a society that expects instant gratification. Waiting for anything more than a couple of seconds and we start getting cranky. Patience, persistence, discipline, and consistency are words that our grandparents built their success on. Now day’s these words and actions seem to be almost evil terms and everybody’s looking for the quick fix or way to avoid having to travel the road of PPDC. (patience, persistence, discipline, and consistency.)
Do you realize that it take constant course corrections to achieve success?
In navigation a vehicle’s course is measured in degrees from 0° to 360° in compass convention (0° being north, 90° being East) If an airplane leaves LA heading to NYC and makes and makes zero course corrections for cross winds it can be hundreds of miles off course of its desired destination in New York City.
- How often do you make course corrections to help you achieve your goals and ensure that you’re going to arrive at your desired destination?
- How often do you look at things in your life from different perspectives?
When I started learning how to teach Pilates I was required to do 200 hours of Observation. Sitting quietly in the corner of a Pilates studio watching a more qualified teacher teach, and bodies move. This valuable time helped me learn to see what was working well, and what needed to be corrected for more efficient movement and greater benefits from the Pilates exercises. BUT, for most of my 200 hours, I watched from the exact same location in the left corner of the room! When it came time for ME to begin teaching – and I had to stand at the end of the Reformer, or side of the Cadillac, everything looked different. I had no idea what to be looking for from these new perspectives because my 200 hours of observation had been from the same position in the corner of the room!
This was a valuable lesson for me in the necessity of looking at the body in motion from ALL angles. There are things that you might miss from across the room, that you’ll see up close. Looking from the front is different than the back, top from the bottom, right side vs. left side. Right side-up vs. upside down. Every imaginable angle changes what we see, and can help provide valuable information to make adjustments to improve performance and stay on track.
Whether you’re looking at the body in motion, eating habits, exercise habits, communication skills, work tasks, financial goals, relationships…everything in our life can benefit from a 360° analysis.
- How we think, affects our actions.
- How we feel affects our actions.
- What we say affects our actions.
Are your thoughts, habits, and actions serving you to achieve your goals? Are there course corrections you could be making to keep you on track? Get up and take a 360° walk around your problems, issues, challenges, daily activities, and actions. Ask a trusted friend, family member, or mentor to point out things that they notice from their perspectives. (This doesn’t mean that their perspectives are right and yours are wrong!) It’s just viewing things from different angles.
Evaluate all of this new data to determine what is most useful to you and can help you determine what new steps you might need to take to continue improving yourself and daily habits to achieve personal success.
Use the benefits of 360° of perspective to help you come full circle in your thinking, actions, and problems solving skills to stay on track and make the course corrections needed to more quickly reach your goals. And remember, Patience, Persistence, Discipline, and Consistency are also key players in your success!
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George