In the News…How to Tie Your Running Shoes
I love seeing great foot care information on the News! Check out this video clip. Bruce Wilk discusses three different techniques to properly tie your running shoes. Discover the differences, and learn how to lace your running shoes (or ALL your shoes!) for improved arch support and healthy feet.
Check Out the Running Shoe Tying Tips in this Video:
I can see the benefit of all three tying techniques explained in this video.
My preference is the third one discussed. I have been encouraging clients and participants in my Fantastic Feet workshops to lace their shoes for better foot support for years. By leaving a space for the knobby Navicular bone on the top of the foot when you tie your shoes, the arch muscles will stay active and lifted. If there is any pressure on this knobby bone on the top of the foot when you tie your shoes, it automatically cues the muscles of the arch to relax! Yikes…not the correct action for the foot muscles to support the body! Pressure on the Navicular bone (which is usually where shoe companies put the loop on the tongue for you to lace through) flattens the arch and decreases available support to hold the bones of the foot in correct alignment.
If the foot muscles aren’t working properly to support the body….then there’s a good chance that every joint above may also be out of place. Foot pain, knee pain, hip pain, back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain…overall poor posture habits, and an increased risk of injury might all be created or aggravated by how you’re lacing your shoes!
Have you been tying your shoes in a way that helps to support your feet? If you’re interested a few more details about my preferred shoe tying technique, click here for a copy of my free instruction guide: How To Tie Your Tennies for Healthy & Happy Feet!
Step #1 for Improved Foot Care
- Tie your shoes in a way that keeps your arches lifted for more support.
Step #2 for Healthy Feet
- Incorporate specific foot fitness exercises into your weekly workout routine to stretch and strengthen your feet .
Regardless of how old you are, what shape your feet are currently in, how flat or high your arches are – there are lots of quick and easy exercises you can do to keep your feet healthy and pain free. Get a copy of the book Fantastic Feet! Exercises to Strengthen the Ankles, Arches, and Toes for a resource guide filled with exercises to help keep your feet fit!
Are You Up for a Challenge?
Change how you’re tying your shoes to improve arch support. Re-lace one shoe and put the pair on. Can you see or feel a difference between your feet? Now re-lace the other shoe so your feet can be even and well-balanced before you go out for a walk or a run. If you can seriously feel the difference, please pass this post along, and share this info with a friend, or friends! Lets help more people enjoy the benefits of improved arch support.
I’d love to hear from you!
Drop me a comment and let me know what you think about this helpful shoe tying tip for lifted arches and healthy feet.
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George