Pilates Quote: Physical Perfection
It’s sad to think that when Joseph Pilates wrote this quote, exasperated at the amount of time and money people were spending in an attempt to achieve physical perfection, it was in 1934! His frustration on this topic was penned almost 80 years ago… and it’s very safe to say that in the last eighty years the amount of “time” and “money” spent to obtain physical perfection has increased ten times or more!
How much time and money do you spend on your health?
Not only medical health, and physical fitness, but the food and supplements you eat, the clothes you wear, haircuts, beauty products, manicures/pedicures, and the list goes on… How much of your monthly budget is used in the hope of improving your physical self? The things listed above are the “easy” every-day expenditures striving for physical perfection. But what if this is not enough? Is investing in Botox and a boob job worth it to you? Or how about getting a tummy tuck, or stomach stapling procedure to help redefine your figure and lose weight? Which would you choose? Expensive surgery, or a pair of SPANX, a personal trainer, and eating moderate portion sizes of healthy nutritious food along with a sensible exercise program. We are an instant gratification society; do you have the patience to invest your time and money wisely for long-term health?
Millions of people don’t think for a second about spending their cash on “quick fixes” with the allure of looking prettier, having fewer wrinkles, or aiding their efforts for weight loss via expensive surgeries. But a quick fix won’t change the lifestyle habits or underlying emotional issues that helped create the poor body issues in the first place. Yes beauty takes a little effort. But it’s far more important to love yourself as you are, then to spend every last dollar trying to change how you look, so you can change how you feel. Beauty starts from inside and radiates out! Change your attitude first, it’s economical…go from there and you might just find more time to enjoy life and money to save, invest, or spend as you wish.
Yes, it’s important to invest in your health. Spend your time and money wisely. Create your own personal image of physical perfection. Don’t let the media, or anyone else influence how you feel about your body, look, or act to take care of your beautiful self. You are perfect just the way you are.
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George