Return to Life! Use Pilates Training To Improve Structural Health
Get a Better Body, Mind, Spirit – Tall Posture – and Enjoy Fabulous Whole-Body Health
It’s Never Too Late to Improve Your Structure and Improve Your Health!
One of the most fascinating and fabulous things about the human structure is, that regardless of your age, or how long you’ve had the functional movement habits that have created the posture, body alignment and structure that you have today – good or bad… with a little effort, and the right exercises if you are still breathing, you have the opportunity to improve your strength, flexibility, form and function.
And guess what… keeping your body tuned up and working like the precision machine is designed to be probably isn’t going to be something you think about for a month or two. Make a lifelong commitment to take care of your “machine” to maintain its structural integrity and improve your good health.
It’s interesting to me, that so many people wait until they hurt, to start investing time and money into figuring out how to feel better!
Often, people seem clueless as to why they got injured or their body hurts. When in reality, for the past 5, 10, 15, or 50 years, their body has done the best it can with the time, tools, and resources it’s been given. Used and abused, our body strives to maintain structural integrity as best it can to keep us moving and doing what we want with it.
Pilates training is an excellent way to help increase structural stability and enhance functional movement. Pilates training IS one of the best workouts available to help improve posture, body alignment, and get all the right muscles well-balanced and working to support your body structure.
Core Conditioning, Pilates Training, and Posture:
Every Pilates exercise initiates from the core. And the core muscles are actively engaged to support the body during every exercise! Train the core with Pilates, and you’re training the body to learn how to use this support not only during your Pilates workouts, but for all your other sport and daily life activities too. Your strong and healthy core is the foundational support for a healthy spine. Keep you’re the muscles of your core strong, and you’ll be helping your spine stay fit, and flexible.
A great advantage to Pilates training for core conditioning and posture improvement is the focus on not just holding the torso steady (like you to do lift weights) but you’re actually integrating full range of motion work for the spine from the head to the tail, and the tail to the head – along with arm and leg motion (and resistance, if you’re working against springs on the Reformer, Cadillac, or Pilates Chairs.)
Focus on Form, and Function:
One of the best benefits of utilizing Pilates training as a method to improve posture and structural support is the fact that you have to focus on everything your body is doing every minute of your workouts!
This concentrated effort on body awareness can help you recognize what your body is doing right and wrong to give you the chance to improve your habits.
Everyone has dominant and weaker muscles. With Pilates training you have the opportunity to discover your strengths and weaknesses – and work to bring your weaker areas up to the level of your strengths. The result improved posture (better structural support) and increased efficiency for functional movement
With good form comes good function. A well-balanced structure will help keep you healthy from the inside out!
What are you going to do TODAY to keep your fabulous self fit and maintain superior structural support? I hope Pilates training is on your list of workout strategies for a fabulous physique!
Return to Life is the original Pilates Mat exercise book written Joseph H. Pilates.
This book contains the concepts and philosophies of the Pilates Method or “Contrology” and the original Matwork exercises. The model featured in this book is Joseph Pilates himself at the age of 60. This book was originally released in 1945. Reprinted in 2003, with great quality photos. Return to Life is a must-read book for all Pilates enthusiasts!
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George