Rossiter Workshop – Alleviating Pain, Restoring Mobility
Rossiter® – Mobility Restored – Pain GONE.
Have you heard of Rossiter® Stretching techniques? Even if you haven’t, you might be interested in attending the upcoming Rossiter Workshop.
I knew nothing about the Rossiter system until about 2 years ago. I was at the Pilates Method Alliance conference strolling around the Expo floor, and there was a booth with a guy, Chuck Lubeck, offering to step on me! After watching a few other brave folks plop down on the floor and then stand up wide-eyed amazed at how much better they felt, I got in line, and got “Rossitered.” After one very quick and simple exercise, I stood up and literally one leg was 2-3 inches longer than the other. It was shocking how quickly my body responded to this technique for fascia release. I was hooked, asked Chuck to work on my other leg to even me up, and I was instantly interested in learning more!
Before I walked off, I picked up the flyer on the table, and looked at the info to learn more about Rossiter training. I discovered that there was a Unit 1 Rossiter workshop happening only a few hours from my home 2 weeks later. I registered immediately, and managed to get a few of my fellow Pilates teachers and students to join me. That was almost 2 years ago, and while I haven’t turned Rossiter stretching into my main occupation, it has become a very valuable tool in my arsenal for helping my Pilates clients improve functional movement patterns, and reduce pain.
Why am I telling you this? Because I thing Rossiter Stretching is a very powerful technique, that can be easily learned and can enhance any current modality – whether you are a Pilates teacher, like me, or a personal trainer, yoga teacher, PT, Chiropractor, massage therapist, athletic trainer, sports coach, you can easily incorporate Rossiter techniques into your practice. Heck, I even had one of my Pilates students take the course, and she has had more fun, and gotten great results just helping her family members.
Richard Rossiter has created some of the most powerful techniques known to alleviate pain. If you don’t have pain, the Rossiter system techniques can be used as a tool to keep you healthy and pain-free. If you DO have pain, Rossiter system techniques may be a very valuable modality to help improve mobility and reduce or eliminate pain. All you hard-core athletes, runners, Cross-Fit participants, office athletes-stuck sitting at a desk too many hours a day, laborers who have the unfortunate job of a repetitive motion task day-in, day-out, hair-dressers, dentists, bodyworkers who give to others and who’s hands, arms and shoulders are shot from taking care of everybody else… I can’t think of a job, occupation, or sport who’s participants couldn’t benefit from Rossiter stretching session.
How does it work?
The Rossiter system techniques help restore the natural “space” inside the body. It’s difficult to explain, and really needs to be experienced! But if you think about a shrink-wrapped package of chicken breasts, the meat is locked in tight and immobile. When you take the meat out of the packaging, it is supple, loose, and mobile. This is kind of what happens during a Rossiter stretching session. Your Rossiter Coach will use their foot for “weight” to anchor one end of a muscle. You’ll then be coached through a series of simple movements. After each exercise, you’ll assess the changes so you can notice the differences between what’s been worked on, and how it affects the rest of your body. Rossiter stretching techniques, help restore the “space” inside your muscles, so that tight connective tissue (the “shrink-wrap” of our body) doesn’t restrict movement and create compensation patterns or pain.
Is Rossiter for everybody – NO. If you’ve got serious health issues, have had surgery or have had cortisone shots on the area you need work, or are on pain medications (which do not allow you to “feel” pain or use proper judgment for safe exercise/movement), then this technique may not be appropriate for you. But such is the case for everything, Pilates, Yoga, stretching, or exercise in general. Not everything is for every body. What’s important is that you are aware of what you can and should do to maintain/improve your health, and what activities or modalities you need to do with caution, or avoid to stay healthy.
I truly believe that the more things we have in our “bag of tricks” or can use as resources to maintain or improve our health, is a good thing. And the Rossiter system techniques might be a good, or really great thing for you!
If you’re local and in Wichita, and would like to experience a Rossiter stretching session, please contact me for appointment availability and details.
And if after reading this brief little article about how much I love the Rossiter system, you’re thinking you’d like to hop in with both feet, you’ll be happy to know that NO Experience is Necessary to sign up for the Unit 1 Workshop. And as luck would have it, there will be a workshop IN WICHITA on May 2-3, 2015, and it’s being taught by the creator himself, Richard Rossiter! (Full disclosure: The Rossiter® organization offers an incentive for Referrals, so if you happen to register for the upcoming Wichita Workshop, or any workshop, and put me, Aliesa George-Centerworks, down as the person that sent you, I’ll get a little kick-back reward.)
But regardless of if you’re kind enough to use my name as a referral, I think that the Rossiter® Techniques are Amazing, and well worth learning as a lay person, or health professional!
Click Here for Details and to Register for the Upcoming Unit 1 Rossiter® Workshop.
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George