How is Your Spring Fitness Plan Shaping Up?
How is your spring fitness plan shaping up? What are YOUR favorite spring fitness activities? Do you enjoy getting outside for long walks? Hitting the road or trails on your bike for a ride? Participating in sports like Soccer, Baseball, or Softball? Participating in running races or triathlons? Or maybe having fun gardening, playing golf, or tennis?
Whatever your favorite spring fitness activities are, it’s not too late to focus your Pilates and fitness program for a little extra conditioning to get your body in tip-top shape to prepare you for your favorite spring sports and activities.
Think about how you might have felt last year when you just dove in…. Gardening is a great example, all that bending over and standing up, kneeling, digging and pulling can put a little extra stress on your hips, hamstrings, and lower back. Soccer and other sports can have you running more than you have been, or running on uneven ground, bobbing and weaving side-to-side, the risk of an ankle sprain can skyrocket if your feet, ankles, and legs aren’t ready for the work. Or Golf, lots of twisting and bending here… is your core strong, and spine in shape for all that rotation? And who do you know that’s hurt their shoulder or arm throwing a ball because it’s been awhile…?
Whatever you love to do, how did you feel last year when you got started with these spring fitness activities? Were you sore? Did you end up with a few extra aches and pains? Or did too much too soon aggravate an old injury, or create a new one? Did you promise yourself that this year was going to be different? Well is it?
Have you taken a little extra time over the winter to prepare your body for what you know is coming this spring? I hope the answer is “yes,” but I also realize that life happens, we’re human, and the best of plans don’t always get the follow-thru needed for success. But regardless of how diligent you’ve been over the winter, it’s not too late to get your spring fitness plan off to a great start… Start today and ease your body into spring training.
If you’re not sure what extra Pilates and fitness exercises can help you get in good shape to stay safe and injury free, consult with your Pilates teacher, personal trainer, or sports coach and get some help getting the right conditioning exercises in your workout program to warm you up and get your whole body in-shape for your favorite Spring sports. (and Yes, I believe that Gardening needs to be considered a spring sport!)
Somehow warmer weather always seems to be good inspiration to eat better and can inspire us to get up and MOVE. If you’ve been hibernating from your fitness program, don’t start full out! Moderation is key to get your body strong, fit, and flexible. Commit to get started now to help keep your body in tip-top shape, avoid injuries, have fun, and stay healthy.
Get a jump start on your spring fitness plan with the Pulse Power™ The Daily Dozen 10 Minute Pulse-Power Workout Plan. These quick, easy, and effective Pulse-Power exercises can help you keep your body strong, fit, flexible, and injury-free. Use the Pulse-Power Daily Dozen exercises as a stand-alone 10-minute training program to start your day or as a warm-up before more intense workouts.
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George