Tips To Use Foam Roller Exercises To Improve Your Health and Fitness
Get a Stronger Core, Improve Body Awareness and Enjoy Better Support for a Healthy Back and Better Body Mechanics with the Foam Roller Fitness 1 Knee to Chest Core Challenge Exercise
Foam roller exercises are excellent opportunities to improve body awareness and activate the deep muscles throughout the core (Abdominals and Back) that provide stability and support for good posture and healthy movement.
The foam roller is a fun and useful fitness tool that can be used as a warm-up, workout and cool-down! It’s easy to adjust the challenge by making small adjustments to your alignment and technique so you can work at a pace that’s appropriate for you. This how-to exercise video is an excerpt from the Foam Roller Fitness Core Challenge Workout Virtual Training Program.
While the 1 Knee Lift to the Chest exercise looks like a leg exercise, the foam roller actually helps you identify and activate the muscles of your torso that are needed to stabilize the body, strengthen your core and protect your back so that you can improve functional movement for the leg at the hip.
Many people overuse the Quadricep muscles, (Rectus Femoris muscle to lift the leg.) Ideally, the Quad muscles aren’t grippy and grabbing to lift the leg, but the leg floats easily and effortlessly up to the knee to chest position, hinging from the hip with the support of the abs and using the Psoas as the primary hip flexor. When executed well, the lower back stays firmly and safely pressed against the foam roller throughout the exercise.
If you’re looking for simple exercises to add to your workouts that will give you great benefits for a stronger core, better back support and healthy movement from the hips, this Foam Roller Fitness Core Challenge exercise can be a great addition to your weekly workouts.
Check out this video to discover simple training tips to help you make the most of this fabulous Foam Roller 1 Knee Lift to Chest Core Challenge exercise.
Looking for more training tips and a full-body Foam Roller Fitness Core Challenge Workout you can do on your own at home (or use with your Pilates classes & private training clients.) Get access to the Centerworks Awesome Workshops™ Foam Roller Fitness Virtual Training Program to learn all the foam roller fitness exercises in this fun, foam roller Core Challenge workout.
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George