The Health Benefits of Raw Potato Juice (and Palm Readers)
A few weeks ago I was in Key West. There was a Palm Reader on the street that we passed by every day we were there. Now I’ve NEVER had my palm read, but felt drawn to this guy. I didn’t do it the whole week – and on the last night finally got up the courage to sit in his chair! It was interesting, his comments were spot on – and he gave me a remedy to help my stomach. Mind you I didn’t tell him anything, or ask any questions – I just sat down and showed him my hands.
I have had some sort of inflammatory issue in my gut for many years…(I’m thinking since I was about 12) Know that it has prohibited any type of weight loss and proper usage of nutrients. I also tore my rectus more than 8 years ago, and things in my belly are slow if impossible to heal. It’s much better, but I can do almost nothing and feel it begin to tear again and I don’t really know what will set it off until it’s too late. So it’s been a long haul getting me back to health, and after quite a few years of not being able to use my abs for support – I’ve managed to create all sorts of compensation patterns for torso control, support, and movement!
I can either laugh or cry about this since I teach how important it is to have your center working properly for whole-body health! I continue to learn new things all the time about my body and what it needs to continue on the journey to optimal wellness, and to get there ALL of our muscles and organs have to function properly.
Ok, back to my palm reading experience… He told me to drink the juice of 1 raw potato, 1 raw carrot, and a handful of grapes, every morning for a month. On the first day of my juicing experience, as I was sitting at my computer and slowly sipping on my potato juice, I decided to surf the web and see what I could find about the benefits of potato juice, since it’s not something I’ve ever considered putting in my juicer, and here’s a bit of the info I found:
Raw Potato Juice Has the Following Medicinal Virtues:
- It is one of the most alkaline foods
- It dissolves away uric acid and lime
- It helps prevent the fermentative process in the intestines
- It helps the growth of friendly bacteria in the digestive tract
Raw potato juice has been used to benefit scurvy, rheumatism, digestive system disorders, skin blemishes, swelling, and I even found an article about the benefits of drinking raw potato juice to help cure cancer!
I’m not sure that I can condone or believe that Potato juice is a cure-all. This is food not medicine we’re talking about here.. But I do believe that everything happens for a reason, and we get the information we need when we are ready and open to receive it. I know that this interesting little drink is definitely beneficial for me and my stomach (and how from reading my palms was I given the info is beyond my comprehension…) But I’m grateful for the messenger, and that I took a bit of time to research why it was recommended.
It’s been a few weeks now… I feel stronger, more energized, and it’s getting easier for me to push my abs to do more without strain. My food and diet choices are changing too. Don’t know who’s out there reading this that’s looking for something interesting to consider for improved digestion, but you might look into the benefits of potato juice and see if it’s appropriate for you!
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Yamuna Foot Savers with DVD 59.95 2 Foot Savers with Workout DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George