Tips to Design Your Personalized Fitness Plan
9 Important Questions to Help You Get Started Designing Your Personalized Fitness Plan
For wellness success, each of us need to design our own unique personalized fitness plan. Our plan for weekly workouts needs to be Realistic, Do-Able, Lifestyle-friendly, and ultimately something that we can create, modify, and stick with for a lifetime of good health.
If you are trying to figure out how to make this happen or are struggling to stay consistent with your exercise program, here are 9 important questions to ask yourself in order to design your Personalized Fitness Plan.
9 Tips to Design Your Personalized Fitness Plan:
- What time of the day works best for you to exercise? Morning/Afternoon/Evening
- How many days per week would you ideally like to be exercising?
- How many days per week is it realistic for you to be exercising?
- How long a time-slot can you commit to for your workouts?
(10 min x 3, 20-30 min, 30-45 min, 1 hour, 90 minutes, 2 or more hours)
- What types of activities do you LOVE doing?
(Create a list of health and fitness activities you LOVE)
- Aside from your “workouts” what other recreational activities do you want to incorporate into your week with friends and family? And how often do you want to participate in these activities?
- How many hours of sleep do you need to wake up rested and refreshed?
- What’s the best strategy for you to make healthy food choices?
- What activities help you wind-down, relax, and de-stress? (Meditation, reading, taking a bath, drawing…it can be anything.) Do you know what helps you, and are these things incorporated into your day/week?
Use the answers to these nine important questions as a springboard to design your personalized fitness plan, and be confident that you’re creating a lifestyle-friendly action plan you can easily put in place and stick with to reach your wellness goals.
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ 2.0 $195 Includes Fantastic Feet Book, Arch Activators (pair), Toe Bandz Kit (4 bands + mini massage ball), Toe Separators Kit (1 pair skinny & 1 pair wide), Super-Ankle Board + exercise booklet and video training program, Foot Fitness COMBO Exercise Selection Guide Booklet -- All in a convenient, portable mesh carry bag; PLUS the Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Fantastic Feet mini-foot fitness kit (sticks, stones, TheraBand, and mini-massage ball), RunFit Kit 2.0 Quick Reference Guide (laminated charts) (to help you pick the best Run-Fit training tool/exercises to get started, based on the foot-care issues you may be dealing with…), Run-Fit Kit backpack to keep everything together, easy to find, and ready to use for your at-home, and on-the-go workouts.
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $10 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $10 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $10 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $10 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $59 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $27 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $14 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George