Touch for Health & PKP Kinesiology
I’ve been off the blog-wagon for the past few weeks, and am now on the band-wagon to spread the word about the benefits of Kinesiology and Touch for Health! To continue my education in Mind-Body wellness – I’ve enrolled in a series of workshops this year to learn muscle testing and body balancing techniques, that I hoped to incorporate into my Pilates teaching. Little did I know what new realm of knowledge I was about to step into…
It wasn’t until I was actually at my Touch For Health workshop in January, that I learned TFH was developed for the lay person to learn for self wellness, and to be able to help friends & family. This system of muscle testing and balancing the body is relatively easy to learn.
Here’s a link if you’re interested in purchasing the Touch for Health book.
Then, to add to the wealth of information I learned at my Touch for Health workshop….I recently returned from a 2-week intensive for PKP Kinesiology (Practitioner’s Kinesiology Program) taught by Arlene Green and the U.S. Kinesiology Institute. WOW! This system of energy balance is so comprehensive! I am awed, amazed, and grateful for my learning experience. The PKP system was developed by Dr. Bruce Dewe, he describes Kinesiology as the science of energy balancing. Below is a bit more info from Dr. Dewe explaining the benefits of Kinesiology for health.
“Kinesiology is the most holistic of all the natural therapies and, like traditional Maori medicine, recognizes the importance of body, mind and spirit in health and healing.
Kinesiology enables people to detect and correct imbalances that relate to stress, nutrition, learning problems, minor injuries, and other issues they meet in their daily life. A non-invasive method, Kinesiology is grounded in the study of anatomy and physiology and uses muscles as monitors of stress and imbalance within the body.
A fundamental premise of kinesiology is that the body has innate healing energy and is always doing its best to care for itself, but sometimes needs to be helped into a better position to achieve this care.
Kinesiology recognizes the flows of energy within the body not only relate to the muscles but to every tissue and organ that make the body a living, feeling being. These energy flows can be evaluated by testing the function of the muscles, which in turn reflect the body’s overall state of structural, chemical, or emotional balance. In this way Kinesiology taps into energies that the more conventional modalities overlook.
Kinesiology looks beyond symptoms and does not treat named diseases nor does it diagnose them. Kinesiology is concerned with imbalances in the body’s energy. In this respect, kinesiology has close links with the acupuncture concept of energy flow.
Where, as the result of injury, emotional trauma, nutritional or other unresolved stress, the energy flow is interrupted, the whole body is affected. The exact nature of blockage in the energy flow can be more closely identified by muscle testing. Acupressure massage, light touch and other simple correction skills are used to restore muscle balance, which has a flow-on effect into total body energy.
Kinesiology is not limited to dealing with ailments. Energy balancing brings a person closer to achieving any goal of their choice – in sport, relationships, learning or coping with life generally.”
Dr Bruce Dewe MD NZRK MICAK 1997
I am so excited about this stuff! Looking forward to gaining experience with my new Touch for Health, and PKP skills. Just like learning to teach Pilates – it’s going to take practice! And lots of it! I will keep you posted on my my journey to proficiency and health-improvement.
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George