3 Benefits of Using a Foam Roller Warm-Up for Your Workouts
One of my favorite things to do to wake up my deep core muscles, improve balance, the brain-body connection and feel the independent movement of my hips and shoulders is to do a quick 5-15 minute foam roller warm-up before a workout.
Whether I’m going to do Pilates equipment work, Pilates Mat work, go out for a walk or run, lift weights, play racquetball…any activity… using a foam roller can be a quick and easy way to ensure you’ve got the right things turned on to support your body and train healthy movement habits.
Of course there are a million fabulous exercises you can do with a Foam Roller, and while it’s not a traditional “Pilates” piece of equipment, it certainly can enhance your Pilates workouts. If you’re not yet a die-hard Pilates enthusiast, foam roller training can give you a somewhat similar eye-opening experience to see, and feel, just how much more you can be doing with your core to improve balance, support, and control for your body.
3 Benefits of Incorporating Foam Roller Exercises into Your Workouts
- Exercising on a foam roller helps improve body awareness and proprioception for the deep muscles needed for great spine stabilization and support.
- You can’t cheat… You get instant feedback (by losing your balance and falling off the roller) when the right muscles aren’t working to support you.
- Working on the foam roller as a warm up before Pilates, Yoga, Weight Training, Walking, Running, or other workouts will help deepen the mind-body connection to access muscles for efficient work and release so that you can find and use them more effectively during your more vigorous activities.
This is definitely one fitness toy that I think everyone should have available at home. Whether you want to use it for a warm-up, a workout, or to relax, massage, and release stress at the end of the day, it’s an easy tool to incorporate into your weekly wellness workouts.
Don’t have a Foam Roller at home, and wanna get one right now so you can play? Click here to get your Foam Roller NOW.
Interested in learning some of my favorite Foam Roller exercises to improve balance, body alignment, and help strengthen your core for healthy movement habits… Grab your Foam Roller and join me for the upcoming May Webinar – on May 29th. Foam Roller Fitness –Exercises Tips & Core Training Strategies for Healthy Movement Habits.
- Pulse Power! The Daily Dozen – 10 Minute Workout Plan $7.99 Epub (for eReaders like Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader or software like Adobe Digital Editions) or PDF File (for accessing directly from your computer)
- Centerworks Acupressure Foot Massage Mat $40 Stimulate the foot reflexology points on the soles of your feet to release tension and stress and improve the fitness of your feet
- Pilates Walk – Tips, Techniques, and Exercises for a Healthy Stride 15.00 Quickly and Easily Maximize the Health Benefits of Your Walking Workouts
- Stretch Out Strap™ (XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster) 18.95 Includes XL Strap + Exercise Training & Conditioning Poster
- RunFit Foot Fitness Kit™ $159 Includes Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback, Acupressure Foot Massage Mat, Foot Fitness Kit, Yamuna Foot Savers and Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle
- Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board Bundle $40 Includes Super Ankles Foot-Fit Board, 22-Page Exercise Spiral Bound Booklet and 41:20 "How-To" Exercise DVD
- Foam Roller Fitness Exercise Tips & Core Training Techniques $50 80-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Teachers Video Training: Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $50 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Combo: Foam Roller Fitness & Foam Roller Training for Pilates Pros $85 Live Video Training by Aliesa George,PMA-CPT
- How to Effectively Engage the Pelvic Floor to Help Strengthen the Core $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6-Dot Strategy for Effective Rotation of the Spine $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- 6 Simple Training Tips for Functional Movement at the Hips $35 60-Minute Video Training Presented by Aliesa George
- Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD $30 Pilates Magic Circle and Workout DVD
- Fantastic Feet! and Foot Fitness Kit Combo $30 Foot Fitness Kit and Fantastic Feet! 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Foot Fitness Kit $20 Foot Fitness Kit by Aliesa George
- Basic Pilates: The First 15 Matwork Exercises $12 37:30 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Beginner-Intermediate Pilates Matwork with Flow: 23 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork Flowing Fitness Challenge: 35 Exercises $12 41:10 Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Magic Circle Pilates Matwork: Basic-Intermediate $12 65 Minute Workout on Audio CD or MP3
- Posture Principles for Health $79 60-page study guide and DVD or Streaming Online Video
- A Barrel of Fun! Pilates Arc Barrel Workout $34.97 78-Page Spiral-Bound Book by Aliesa George
- Fantastic Feet! $20 95-Page Paperback by Aliesa George
- Return to Life Through Contrology $15.95 105-Page Paperback by Joseph H. Pilates
- Be FIT Journal $15 380-Page Paperback by Aliesa George